As a consumer, you have the right to assume the products you purchase from manufacturers are reasonably safe for use. Unfortunately, this is not always the reality. Many companies cut corners and ignore safety codes to save money. This can lead to defective product disasters, including explosions and serious child injuries. If you or someone you love has injuries from a defective or dangerously designed product, contact the Monmouth County product liability attorneys at Cerussi & Gunn, P.C. Call (732) 936-9920 today for a free consultation about your case.
• Our New Jersey law firm has an exclusive focus on personal injury law. We only handle cases involving injured parties, giving us in-depth insight into this practice area.
• Our law firm believes in clear, direct and honest communication. You will always speak directly with an attorney, not one of our assistants or paralegals.
• Our lawyers have earned a strong reputation throughout New Jersey. Almost 100% of the cases we receive are referrals from former clients or colleagues.
Product liability is an area of civil law that deals with a manufacturer’s responsibility to create safe products. Every manufacturer and distributor has a legal obligation to reasonably ensure the safety of its products. Failure to do so, resulting in injuries to consumers, will lead to financial liability falling on the product’s creator. As an injured consumer, you have the right to pursue financial compensation from the defective item’s manufacturer through a product liability lawsuit in Monmouth County, New Jersey.
Most cases regarding defective products involve strict product liability laws. These laws state that a manufacturer or distributor will be strictly liable, or responsible without the victim needing to prove negligence, for injuries its defective products cause. Strict liability rules might apply to a case if the product contained a design, marketing or manufacturing defect.
• Design flaw. Some defective products have designs from the very beginning that make the item unreasonably dangerous for consumers to use.
• Marketing defect. A marketing error, such as lack of proper instructions or safety warnings, could lead to preventable consumer injuries.
• Manufacturing mistake. Some products have safe designs and adequate marketing but become dangerous due to errors during manufacture or assembly.
With proof of one of these types of defects, an injured victim will likely have a strict product liability claim against the manufacturer. The plaintiff will therefore not need to prove the defendant’s negligence to obtain compensation. Other grounds for a product liability claim in Monmouth County can include breach of warranty and negligence.
It is important to pursue a product liability claim in Monmouth County for compensation for all the related costs you and your family suffered because of the defective product. At Cerussi & Gunn, P.C, we believe as an injured party you should not have to pay for damages you did not cause. Instead, the manufacturer or distributor may owe your family money for past and future expenses.
• Hospital bills
• Medical devices and medications
• Disability expenses
• Lost wages and lost aptitude to earn
• Lost enjoyment of life
• Physical pain and emotional suffering
A successful lawsuit for product liability could also result in compensation to cover the costs of hiring a Monmouth County personal injury attorney and taking the defendant to court. A judge may also offer additional punitive damages if he or she finds the manufacturer to be grossly negligent, such as in a case involving dozens of seriously injured consumers from the same product.
Discover the true value of your case and what steps you need to take to obtain a compensatory award today during a free consultation at Cerussi & Gunn, P.C. If we agree to take your case, we can help you navigate New Jersey’s product liability laws, fight for fair compensation and take your claim to court if necessary. Speak to a Monmouth County product liability lawyer today. Contact us online or call (732) 936-9920.